AVANT is responsible for production of the most versatile machines in the industry, and their Mini Loaders and Mini Diggers are known to be amongst the best in South Africa.
With regards to farming in particular, the AVANT Loader is in a class of its own, and we decided to make a comparison with the skidsteer for agricultural use by looking at 10 advantages that the articulated AVANT Mini Loader has when compared to the skidsteer equivalent.
1) Lighter: Avant Loaders weigh almost half of the weight of skidsteer loaders, and can therefore be transported much easier and more cost effectively, making this an ideal consideration for farmers.
2) Easier Maintenance: Maintenance is a great deal easier to undertake with AVANT Mini Loaders due to the modern design of the machines, and the fact that service parts are less expensive.
3) Tyre Wear Not An Issue: Tyre wear is a costly element on any skidsteer loader, but this is not the case on articulated AVANT loaders, and that makes a big difference in terms of running costs.
4) Better Fuel Consumption Stats: Fuel consumption on a skidsteer works out to more than double that of the AVANT equivalent, because the drivetrain requires 70 per cent engine power at all operation times.
5) Increased Visibility: The 360 degree visibility that the AVANT Loaders provide is a fantastic advantage for a farmer versus the skidsteer.
6) Attachment Variety: There is a far greater range of attachments available on AVANT Mini Loaders, giving farmers a vast selection of uses that the AVANT can conform to, allowing the machines to assist with agricultural tasks.
7) Ability To Work On Sensitive Surfaces: The drive system on AVANT Loaders make it possible for these machines to work on sensitive areas such as lawns and other farming land surfaces.
8) Better Lifting Capacity: The Lifting capacity on AVANT Loaders is greater than the similar skidsteer models, allowing farmers to make better use of the loaders from AVANT for multiple uses on the farm.
9) Telescopic Booms Able To Reach Higher: Another important advantage that the AVANT Loader has on its counterpart is the ability of its Telescopic Booms to reach higher than skidsteer models are capable of reaching, which can be invaluable in any situation, and especially with regards to agricultural applications where AVANT machines can be used.
10) Simpler Operation: Operating the AVANT Loader with a steering wheel and one joystick for boom movements makes it much less complicated than the skidsteer loaders to operate, which is always worthwhile for anyone required to operate the loaders.